What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathic remedies (also called homeopathics) are a system of medicine based on three principles:
- Like Cures Like: For example, if the symptoms of your cold are similar to poisoning by mercury, then mercury homeopathic remedy would help to treat your cold.
- Minimal Dose: The remedy is taken in an extremely diluted form, normally one part of the remedy to around 1,000,000,000,000 parts of water.
- The Single Remedy: No matter how many symptoms are experienced, only one remedy is taken, and that remedy will be aimed at all those symptoms.
Similar principals form the basis of conventional allergy treatment, where the allergic substance is given in a small dose. This is also similar to vaccines, where an impotent form of the virus is given to bolster the immune system against that particular virus.
Background of Homeopathy
Homeopathy derives from the Greek words meaning “similar,” and “suffering,” this is the pathology of homeopathic health problems. The like cures like principle that homeopathy operates on has been used empirically for more than 200 years and widely acknowledged as significant by an increasing number of research publications. Homeopathic remedies stimulate the body’s physiological reactions that restore health naturally with low risk.
Why use Homeopathic Solutions?
Homeopathy is the second most widely used system of medicine in the world. Its growth in popularity in the United States has been around 25 to 50 percent a year throughout the last decade.
This success is fueled by several factors:
- Homeopathy is extremely effective. When the correct remedy is taken, results can be rapid, complete and permanent.
- Homeopathy is completely safe. Even babies and pregnant women can use homeopathy without the danger of side effects. Homeopathic remedies can also be taken alongside other medication without producing unwanted side effects.
- Homeopathy is natural. Homeopathic remedies are normally based on natural ingredients.
- Homeopathy works in harmony with your immune system, unlike some conventional medicines which suppress the immune system. (For example, cough medicines suppress the cough reflex, which is your body’s attempt to clear the lungs).
- Homeopathic remedies are not addictive—once relief is felt, you should stop taking them. If no relief is felt, you are probably taking the wrong homeopathic remedy.
Why herbs etc.?
herbs etc. carries the widest variety of homeopathics in the state. Boiron and Hyland’s are in high demand but they are just two of the lines we carry.
Hyland’s Homeopathic Medicines are manufactured according to current U.S. natural health standards set forth by the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States. Their unique formulas and high-quality materials ensure that they make some of the best products on the market. Hyland’s product line spans 3,500 items – from single remedies to complex combinations.
Since 1932, Boiron has been a world leader in homeopathic medicines, employing more than 3,500 people in 59 countries. They believe there’s a better way to feel good, by using herbal health products and natural supplements to fight disease. As a world leader in homeopathic medicines, Boiron’s passion has been providing health and happiness for as many people as possible.