Classes 1 through 6 include:
- Beginning Body Work
- Basic Stroke and Body Mechanics
- Anatomy – Body Systems – Ethics
- PNF (Muscle Energy)
- Practical Assessment
[column size=”1-2″ last=”1″]
The foundation of this program, the first six classes include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Basic Swedish Style Massage—long, connecting strokes and techniques designed to relax and reduce stress.
- Anatomy/Physiology—the base from which we expand into the therapeutic application of massage. Learn the location, position, and function of the bones, major organs, muscles, and nerves in the body.
- Ethics and Professionalism, Equipment, Hygiene, Safety.
- Muscle Isolation—positioning the client, palpating landmarks.
- Neuro-Lymphatic & Neuro-Vascular—exploring pathways that supply and affect muscles and surrounding organs and systems.
- Neuro-muscular—contracting and releasing mechanisms accessed; helps provide longer lasting results.
- Fascia Alignment—relaxing and moving connective tissue, which is primary to foundational balancing of the body as a whole.
- Manual Lymphatic Drain—technique that encourages and directs lymphatic flow.
- In-class Practical Experience—actual supervised assessment and practice