Classes 1 through 6 include:
- Beginning Body Work
- Basic Stroke and Body Mechanics
- Anatomy – Body Systems – Ethics
- PNF (Muscle Energy)
- Practical Assessment
The foundation of this program, the first six classes include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Basic Swedish Style Massage—long, connecting strokes and techniques designed to relax and reduce stress.
- Anatomy/Physiology—the base from which we expand into the therapeutic application of massage. Learn the location, position, and function of the bones, major organs, muscles, and nerves in the body.
- Ethics and Professionalism, Equipment, Hygiene, Safety.
- Muscle Isolation—positioning the client, palpating landmarks.
- Neuro-Lymphatic & Neuro-Vascular—exploring pathways that supply and affect muscles and surrounding organs and systems.
- Neuro-muscular—contracting and releasing mechanisms accessed; helps provide longer lasting results.
- Fascia Alignment—relaxing and moving connective tissue, which is primary to foundational balancing of the body as a whole.
- Manual Lymphatic Drain—technique that encourages and directs lymphatic flow.
- In-class Practical Experience—actual supervised assessment and practice.
Classes 7 through 14 include:
- Flower Remedies & Essential Oils
- CranioSacral Body Work
- Advanced Oils
- Meridian Work & Light Healing Touch
- Bringing It All Together
These classes provide instruction in more specialized techniques, blending them into a highly effective method of addressing imbalances in the body and enabling the therapist to facilitate healthy change. These techniques include:
- Continued practice in all Body Mechanics previously covered in classes 1 through 6.
- Meridian Balancing—effective method of working with and within the energy pathways of the body.
- Cranio Sacral Bodywork—gentle pressure along spine, cranial, and sacral areas.
- Essential Oils & Emotional Balancing—subtle, highly effective, life-changing techniques.
- Reflexology—access reflex points on feet and hands to unblock, stimulate, and align energy pathways of the body.
- Nutrition & Bio-Chemistry—information about food, vitamins and minerals that affect structural and overall health.
- Additional therapies on injury techniques, hot rock, myofascia, and more will also be covered.
Class 15 is the Final Exam
Testing includes written and oral examination, research presentation, hands-on performance, demonstration of bone and muscle anatomy and oral interviews.